Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modeling A Dapped End Beam

Halo, my name is Haru,
    I'm having a hard time trying to modeling (Creating a family) of a dapped end beam

Would you like to give some advise how to do that?

i'm inserting a few files needed, thank you
    Attached Files

What specifically problem are you running into?

If I was to make this up, & the beam would be 1 Size, I would start with a Similar Rectangular Beam Family, Save As, Edit the Profile of the Beam to get the Thin "I" Shape, then using an Extrusion make up the thicker "I" Shape at each end.

If it was to have multiple sizes I would start with a Similar Rectangular Beam Family, Save As, Add in a lot of reference planes constraining the shape, Edit the Profile of the Beam to get the Thin "I" Shape locking onto the RP's, then using an Extrusion make up the thicker "I" Shape at each end, locking onto the RP's.

Note that the Cut-out at each end can be achieved in the Project Environment using the Opening by Face Tool.
    Last edited by d.stairmand; March 14, 2020, 06:57 AM.
    Dwane

Comment

Hai, thank you for the answer, much appreciated,
      apparently the problem was solved when i keep tweaking swept blend to fix certain geometry (as i mentioned in 3rd picture)

now the new problem is appear, my beam won't flex right (in project browser) like i want when i tried to input certain random beam length other than the default length written when i created the family. It behaves strange in project browser but seems working fine in family

i'm new into revit anyway and sorry for my poor english

thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Haru,

I did not find any problems with your beam, it flexes without errors.

Comment