Beam with a height parameter in the middle of the beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beam with a height parameter in the middle of the beam

I wonder, if there is any possibility to add a parameter in the middle of beam family, which control it's curve? I want middle of my beam, to be 3-5 cms higher than start and end point. Creating beam from a sweep line, in the project enviroment isn't good solution for me.

I would be thankful for any tips.

Create a 3point line based curve family, put a parameter driven radial dimension on the curve, works a treat. If I find my way back here tomorrow I'll upload an example :wine:
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Thanks for answer.

I created beam which I needed, but it seems that I can't draw beams longer than 8.5-9 meters, cause Revit gives me "can"t make type" error. Do you know how to solve my problem?

Also I do not know, how to control radial dimension. Changing value puts arc higher or lower and locked constraints, end points, are not satisfied.

I attached my family, hope that someone knows the answer
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
        Create a 3point line based curve family, put a parameter driven radial dimension on the curve, works a treat. If I find my way back here tomorrow I'll upload an example :wine:
        Well, the other method dosen't allow me to put 5 cms and create long beams (~14 meters).

Can someone take a look, maybe I did something wrong?
        Attached Files

Comment