Caisson Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caisson Family

Having an issue with a Caisson family I created.

I have two extrusions; one for the caisson and one for the cap. All that is working well.

At the plan view, I've added a detail component to have a visibility control to "hatch" the caisson if it's to be a Lateral Caisson.

When I add the family to a project, it all seems to be working well. I can place the caissons at columns and they attach to the bottom. I can place them along walls, but I need to set the top of caisson to the bottom of the wall elevation. No problem really. That works the same as an OOTB isolated footing. I can highlight the caisson and choose to show the "hatching" if we need to differentiate between a regular caisson and a lateral caisson.

BUT, when I place a wall footing it breaks the visibility of my hatching. The properties of my caisson will still show it checked as a Lateral caisson. But the hatching will not show. Even if I delete the wall footing, I cannot get my hatching to re-appear. I need to delete and re-place. That still doesn't solve the issue that I still need a wall footing. The wall footing will, again, cause the hatching to disappear.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? Or go about it another way?
    Attached Files
    Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
    AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
    ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

I am a complete n00b when it comes to this but could it be that the 2 materials cannot join?
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

I'm not having a problem with the materials joining. (They are of the same type: Cast-in-Place Concrete)
      I'm having a problem with keeping the hatching visible.
      AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional

Comment

Don´t know exactly what´s going on... BUT, if you create a new Caisson instance on a wall, while being in the Level 1 floor plan, and offset the Caisson -2' 0" it shows the detail (hatch) just fine.
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

@Munkholm... Yes. That's true. Now, add a wall footing to that wall. The hatching goes away. Even if you then delete the footing and try to mess with the caisson, you still don't get the hatching back. (At least not for me.)

Comment

Ahhh shoot. I better let you structure guys deal with it then... Ehh... Structure Gals :beer:
            Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Well, thanks for looking. At least I know it's behaving badly for you, too. :beer:

Comment

can you post part of the project for us to play with?
                -Alex Cunningham

Comment

(wondering just how I should answer your question... I'll be nice...)
                  Alex, Please see my original post.

Comment

LMAO - It´s not your lucky day Leanne Alex missed the attachment, and I didn´t read it carefully enough :hide:

Hope you get it sorted though :beer:
                    Klaus Munkholm

Comment