Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded linebased family

Hi,

I am trying top create a 3D sewer line with an embedded line based family showing the Symbol "S". The line based family work fine by itself but when I embedded it into the sewer family the symbols "S" don't show up. I can't take credit for the line based family but it is using an embedded generic annotation.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what I have done wrong.

Thanks,

johk

Embedded linebased family
    Attached Files

It isn't you, it's Revit. A line based family no longer works as a two-pick process once it is embedded. Two pick behavior will only work in the "final" family (or host), the one that gets loaded into the project. You can create a family that will stretch based on the two pick placement of the host, just need strong reference planes and a instance parameter(s).

Comment

Hi,

The problem is that the my pipe is 3D family while and the line based family I try to load in is a Detail Component. My Line based DC contain a Label which I would like to be able to edit in the 3D family ie via a shared parameter. But when I set the the line based DC to Shared Parameters I get the below error msg :
      "While loading 'CIVIL - UtilityLines_LB': Shared detail components cannot be used in 3d model families."

Thanks,
      Johk

Comment