Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebar Tag - Instance Parameter

Hi,

I'm having some issue while creating a rebar tag.

I would like a tag family that has an instance parameter that allow me to make visible or not some extra text for the rebar.
    Instead of tagging both side, I would only have to tag one rebar layer.

But family Parameters won't show up in tags... Does it mean that I have to create a shared parameter for the rebar tag family?
    I'm quite Newbie in family creation and I really dont know how to do it...

Thank You

ALex
    Attached Files
    Alexandre Cantin
    "BIM is happening now! Be part of it."

Alex,

If you already are able to tag the parameter within your project you should be good to go for the tag working correctly. If you cant seem to get the tag to pick up the parameters you will need to make a SP for this to work.

If you are having problems with your tag visibility parameters post it so we can take a look and see if we can help.
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by alexo4141 View Post
      Hi,

I'm having some issue while creating a rebar tag.

I would like a tag family that has an instance parameter that allow me to make visible or not some extra text for the rebar.
      Instead of tagging both side, I would only have to tag one rebar layer.

But family Parameters won't show up in tags... Does it mean that I have to create a shared parameter for the rebar tag family?
      I'm quite Newbie in family creation and I really dont know how to do it...

Thank You

ALex

These parameters do need to be shared not family parameters.

Comment

When creating a new parameter in my tag family I can't select the shared parameter....
        In fact this is from the basic rebar tag family that I'm working

shared parameter.jpg

Thank You

Alex
        Last edited by alexo4141; June 17, 2011, 03:17 PM. Reason: Clarification
        Alexandre Cantin

Comment

When creating a new parameter in my tag family I can't select the shared parameter....
          In fact this is from the basic rebar tag family that I'm working

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2726[/ATTACH]

Thank You

Alex
          What is your family category?

Comment

The easiest way to get your help!

Thank you!
            Attached Files
            Alexandre Cantin

Comment

You do not really add the parameter as a parameter of your tag...what you need to do is create a new label and in your label go into make a new parameter and it will prompt you to pull a shared parameter.

Click on label, "Edit" under Label in properties, "Add Parameter", then select your shared parameter.

Comment

Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
                You do not really add the parameter as a parameter of your tag...what you need to do is create a new label and in your label go into make a new parameter and it will prompt you to pull a shared parameter.

Click on label, "Edit" under Label in properties, "Add Parameter", then select your shared parameter.
                I've been able to select my shared parameters for every label i've created, thank you.

BUT... Why Does the Instance parameter still doesn't show up in my family properties ? I can't control it...
                I'm probably missing something but i don't know what...

Here's what I've done.

Alex
                Attached Files
                Alexandre Cantin

Comment

I've been able to select my shared parameters for every label i've created, thank you.

BUT... Why Does the Instance parameter still doesn't show up in my family properties ? I can't control it...
                  I'm probably missing something but i don't know what...

Here's what I've done.

Alex
                  It will never show in your family properties, because it is not a properties of the tag family. It is a property of the family you are tagging. You don't change your tags properties to read that something is 3'-0" spacing, you change the bar to a 3'-0" spacing and the tag reads it.
                  Last edited by gdoherty0102; June 17, 2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I only had a 42 hours formation on the basics of the software and at most 1 or 2 hours on the families...

Do you have any advice for me to make it work as i want? or an alternative?

Thanks for all your help
                    Alex
                    Alexandre Cantin

Comment