How to create a rebar family in revit structure
    Dhilip Seshan
    +91 8124181665
    www.dhilipseshan.n.nu

Rebar in Revit, hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dhilip View Post
      How to create a rebar family in revit structure
      If you have Revit Structure, as you say, most of what you need is already there, in terms of rebar. Other types of rebar can be created by sketch, and are automatically added to the library of rebar elements.

Originally posted by HansLammerts
      Rebar in Revit, hmmm
      Yes, Revit does rebar, you know? Do you want it 2d or 3d?
      Attached Files
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Help file can guide you through it:

Help
        Tannar Z. Frampton ™
        Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

I asked a question a couple of weeks ago now, to see if anyone was using Revit for detailing and got no replies.

Do you then use Revit for detailing Alfredo?

Could you show a screen shot of something that you would produce documentation-wise, if so?

Did you find that, until your annotation families and rebar families were altered to suit, that it was a bit clunky OOTB?

Cheers.

Comment

You really shouldn't need to edit or create rebar families unless you have a very custom condition. The industry has standard shapes and sizes for a reason. These are engineered shapes and sizes.
            Modifying the annotation families is going to be completely up to your office standards. Everybody has there "way" of annotation. You might find Revits annotation options limited, or you might be limited in your understanding of Revits annotation capabilities. Either way modeling and documenting rebar in Revit is very doable. Sorry I dont have any examples available right now to show. It's been done and by many people.

To address the OP question. You will need to load all the rebar shapes and annotation from the OOTB library before you are able to really do any work with rebar.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

fig6-6.gif
              Is it able to create this rebar family.
              Dhilip Seshan
              +91 8124181665
              www.dhilipseshan.n.nu

Comment

Yep, Alex. I'm not talking about altering the shape code or any such thing, although I'm guessing that you can still create 99s... (Sorry BS8666, any shape that isn't covered). It was more about getting the right annotation and when I looked at 2013 and 14 I was thinking I would have to add some different parameters.

The notation we would use is, Number of Bars-Grade and Size-Bar Mark-Centres and then possibly a description such as 'Links'.

When I've looked at 2015 the rebar seems a little more accessible.

I wasn't really suggesting messing around with shapes etc, it was more to see if anyone else found it a little awkward at first.

Consider it a fact finding mission, prior to the full sortie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhilip View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]19370[/ATTACH]
                  Is it able to create this rebar family.
                  Both of those shapes are doable and already created in the OOTB (Out Of The Box) Revit Rebar library.
                  -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                    You really shouldn't need to edit or create rebar families unless you have a very custom condition. The industry has standard shapes and sizes for a reason. These are engineered shapes and sizes. .
                    Hi! I´m from Montevideo, Uruguay, Sudamérica.
                    My english is too bad, sorry.
                    Here, in Uruguay, we use diferent standard shapes and sizes. (ISO + UNIT + CIRSOC norms)
                    We may change the shapes names , the diameters bars, the longitud bars, etc, for ajusted them. ohhh, it´s a heavy work for us
                    Last edited by revituy; November 25, 2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment