Column tag

Hi
    Can someone help me make a column tag to look like this:

1st row: <family name (type instance)>
    2nd row: <the dimensions of the column (hxb) in cm

I attached an example.
    Attached Files
    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

I´m in RAC, but supose it´s the same in RST.

The dimensions are not available in the tag labels, so you´ll need to add some shared paramters to the column family:

1. Edit the column family, and swap the dimension paramters to your own shared parameters.
    2. Edit the tag family, and change the label to read both the "Mark", and the Shared parameters you created in step one. In the Label dialouge you can choose to "break" after a parameter, so that the paramters show on seperate lines. (Alternative you could add two labels to the tag family)

Hope that helps, and let us know if you need further help :beer:
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Hi,
      another thing to do is use the type parameter, meaning that the type name corresponds with the dimensions of the column.
      I use this: family name: square-concrete ; type: 30x30 - 40x40 - 45x45 and so on... one type means one couple of dimensions.
      in that way, you don't need shared parameter.
      and the label "Type name" is available in tags.
      BTW, I think dimensions SHOULD BE available in tag labels. Factory? hum?:hide:
      Julien
      "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
      P. DAC
      Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just to add a few comments...

Juliens suggestion will also work.

But if you´re like me, and need to be protected against yourself, I´d suggest the Shared Parameter solution...

Scenario:
        You´ve got a column loaded with type name "300 x 300" but now needs a new column at 400 x 400, you hit duplicate type, and because you are in a hurry, you forget to rename the new duplicate, which is now named 300 x 301, you change the size parameters to 400 x 400, and place that column type in the project.
        A few days later you do a quick "tag all" just before you need to print and turn the drawings to your inpatient client...
        All the 400 x 400 columns are now tagged as 300 x 301...

I do realize that not everyone is as stupid as myself, but that´s one mistake that I don't want to make (again)
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Klaus, I see your points. However, just in case somebody is not familiar with shared parameters, and to add to Juliens' post, a simple solution is to edit the default structural column tag, by just adding another label on top, to read the Type Mark parameter. Then, the user needs to add that type mark in the project, and rename the column to be in centimeters.

See illustration.
          Attached Files
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Thank you guys.
            I'll try it tonight. Wish me luck.
            Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment