Sub-Discipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub-Discipline

In Revit MEP 2011, I can usually create new views, then choose a discipline and a sub-discipline in the 'properties' window. This then groups them accordingly

This time, I have opened a file previously created on Revit Architecture, on MEP. All the views are under 'Architectural' in the project browser. When I create new views and try to assign them a discipline and sub-discipline, I find that the 'sub-discipline' in the properties window has disappeared.

What could be happening?

Any help will be really appreciated. Im very new to Revit

Nash
    Last edited by lovi; March 12, 2011, 10:54 PM.

Lovi,

I created a new project file using an arch template and get the same result. Maybe it's a limitation of the arch template? Anyone else able to make sub-disciplines in an arch file?

Comment

Sub discipline is specific to mep. You just need to add a project parameter for views under the manage panel. Then you need to customize your project browser to sort by this parameter
      Revit BLOGGAGE

http://www.revic.org.au

Comment

Im not sure what Im doing here.. could you explain? I went to Project Parameters.. didnt really understand what it was about

Comment

Sorry have been offline, Simply goto Project Parameters, and follow the steps below
          • Add Parameter
          • Under Categories choose "Views"
          • Give the parameter a name "Sub-Discipline"
          • Type of Parameter should be "Text"
          • Group Parameter Under can be whatever you like and can be changed aferwards but I would suggest "Graphics"
          • Keep "Instance" parameter ticked

You will now have a parameter for every view which will need to be populated

Then you just need to create the Browser Organization :thumbsup:
          Revit BLOGGAGE

http://www.revic.org.au

Comment

Ben-May it worked! This is finally more organisation in my work
            Cheers dude!

Comment