• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit MEP Panel

Hi all
    i m new with this software.
    I m Trying to work in Revit MEP 2010,
    i have linked the Architecture Drawing in MEP. and all the Fixture and the panel is loaded. but i am not able to give the distribution Type for the panel loaded. (Distribution System has no option in it)
    Any one knowing my simple problem ...... Help me out... m struck in 1 st step only here.
    Your prompt reply will be appreciates.

Sonam

here are things to check..

1. have you defined your Distribution Systems in the Electrical Settings? by default, there are three Dist systems. does your Panel Voltage match or is it within range of the available Distribution Systems? the panelboards loaded in the default templates could not be changed in the Project interface. you have to edit the Family then change the Voltage in the Electrical Connector Properties.
    2. you said you linked the Architecture Drawing. Are the Fixtures modeled in the Architecture drawing or did you place the models in the MEP Project?
    “You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.”
    -Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by oj manlapaz View Post
      here are things to check..

1. have you defined your Distribution Systems in the Electrical Settings? by default, there are three Dist systems. does your Panel Voltage match or is it within range of the available Distribution Systems? the panelboards loaded in the default templates could not be changed in the Project interface. you have to edit the Family then change the Voltage in the Electrical Connector Properties.
      2. you said you linked the Architecture Drawing. Are the Fixtures modeled in the Architecture drawing or did you place the models in the MEP Project?
      Thanks.. For Sharing Views.
      i placed the Fixture in the Arch. Model.
      i don't know what is the mismatch in it.

Comment

I see.. if you did place the panel boards in the Architecture file AND THEN LINKED into MEP, the equipment's connectors won't work. simply Copy-and-Paste it onto the MEP Project. (Copy to Clipboard, then Paste Aligned to Same Position) You should get the active connectors..
        “You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.”
        -Anonymous

Comment