Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - No auto-route solution was found

Hi,

I keep getting the "No auto-route solution was found" error.

Drawing the pipe perpendicular is ok, drawing it straight on gives an error coming from the lower bend. Could it be a problem with the bends "Defines Origin" or "Is Reference" settings ?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by andrew99520 View Post
    Hi,

I keep getting the "No auto-route solution was found" error.

Drawing the pipe perpendicular is ok, drawing it straight on gives an error coming from the lower bend. Could it be a problem with the bends "Defines Origin" or "Is Reference" settings ?

Thanks.

I have found that this problem usually lies in my routing preferences of the pipe. Edit type > Routing preferences. Usually I find that the bend I am making is gets set to none and I need to change it back.

Comment

I have always found Revit to be a little glitchy when it comes to decision making, but a bit like a lemon of a car there is always more than one way to do it and Revit normally accepts one of the inputs.

In each of the view types (2D plan, 3D & Section)

1. In 3D and drag the pipe end into the other pipe
      2. Use the Trim Command between the two pipes
      4. Right click on the pipe and press "draw Pipe" and draw it into the design pipe

If none of these work then check the following because it only needs to be out by 0.0001% for Revit to fail.

The Pipes are alligned.
      The Pipe fall is within acceptable range of the fitting (Sometimes a fall of 1.667% can be to small for standard families)

Good Luck!

Comment

I have a similar situation to this and would like to add on asking for help please. In the first photo, I have the AutoCad model I am trying to replicate best as possible in Revit. In Revit, I drew out 2" pipes, imported copper 2" elbows, and am trying to create a pipe between the two elbows. I know that this should be adjusting the lengths of the elbows and what not, but it doesn't seem like it's doing it. Is there another way to go about this? Thanks.

Edit: should I delete the imported elbows and connect the 2 pipes in some other way? Thank you
        Attached Files
        Grizzlymoe
        Last edited by Grizzlymoe; January 4, 2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Have you put the elbow in the routing preferences, like the warning states?

Comment

As per RobDraw's message - Are you certain there is an elbow in the routing preferences for that pipe type? The error suggests not.

I know that this should be adjusting the lengths of the elbows and what not
            Not sure quite what you mean here? In my experience, OOTB (Out of the Box) Revit won't put a particular sized elbow in depending on how much space is there. It will put the elbow in that you have said applies to the pipe sizes in your routing preferences.

I would say that you ought to move the horizontal pipe a foot lower, connect them as you would normally then move the pipe up to make sure that the issue isn't a lack of space between the two elbows.

Comment