edit space type and building type database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit space type and building type database

Autodesk gives us a hardcoded list of space and building component defenitions for use in gbXML exports and MEP calculations. Thing is, I live in a country with some archaic views on building regulations. To accomodate this I would like to add space types, space type parameters etc. in stead of altering existing space types: it leads to confusion and I am missing some essential parameters. My current approach is using space instance parameters and calculated values in space schedules, but this approach severly limits userfriendlyness. People will probably start throwing stuff at me if I push this. :hide:

Another option is to use other software, any tips?
    There must be a better way...

Ekko Nap
    Professional nitpicker, architect, revit consultant, etc.

Which software are you trying to push this too?
    I've been working with BINK to figure out the best way to model stuff for their importer.

Off course you could use IES, which has a Revit plugin. But like you stated, the Dutch building codes don't support globally excepted standards. You'll have to wait for European Codes before that happens.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of hacking the gbXML defenitions, since they are useless in our little corner in the world other than as a cool presentation tool. But unlike the material definitions, I cannot seem to locate where these gbXML definitions are stored.

The aim is to do for the Dutch market what the gbXML definitions in Revit were designed to do: offering the revit user a set of predefined space types to drive design calculations during preliminary design. IMHO, only the most cutting-edge projects would benefit from additional analysis in 3rd party software. A typical project will manage with a good dose of common sense.
      There must be a better way...

Ekko Nap
      Professional nitpicker, architect, revit consultant, etc.

Comment

I don't think that can be done...

And I disagree about the statement that only cutting edge projects could benefit. All building permits need to come with a energy useage calculation (EPC in Dutch) which can be set up pretty easily using the gbXML export from Revit. Would save you the time of having to set up the building schematics all over again (or pay someone else for it).
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Can his be done yet?
          Thanks,
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DMapes View Post
            Can his be done yet?
            This is available in Revit 2018!