Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Properties Window Auto Apply Disable?

Hi,

I'm currently working with Revit MEP 2011 but this applies to all flavors.

Is there a way to disable the "Auto Apply" feature when the mouse cursor is moved away from the properties window and back into the view window after you change the property of an element? It can be a very anoying feature at times!

Cheers,
    J Chamberlain
    Calgary, Alberta

Sorry, no. They considered making it necessary to click the Apply button to make changes but user feedback favored less clicking, just moving back into the drawing area was less "effort" than tracking the cursor down to the Apply button each time. I leave my mouse in the Palette if I'm making a series of changes before moving it back to the canvas. You can use the TAB key to navigate down from field to field, Shift + TAB to move up.

Comment

Thanks Steve. It would be nice if Autodesk could add a variable in the revit.ini file something to the effect of:

Code:
      [UserInterface]
      PropAutoApply=[I]n[/I]
      where if n equals 0 then auto apply is turned off and if n equals 1 then auto apply is turned on.
      Just my 2 cents worth!

Also thank you for the Shift+TAB tip as well. I knew about TAB but not Shift+TAB to move up the list!

Cheers,
      J Chamberlain
      Calgary, Alberta

Comment

There are posts about this:

see: What Revit Wants: Stop Revit from Applying Properties by mouse move, but you don't have to click Apply either
        Cameron Palm
        Project & BIM Manager
        The Preston Partnership

Comment

Yes you can apply this fix as suggested from "What Revit Wants" blog.

Add this line to your Revit.ini file under the [UserInterface] section: DisableMPPAutoApply=1

There are 2 places where you will find the Revit.ini file. The program uses the one located in the C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit \Autodesk Revit 201X" location.

Hope that helps.

Comment