Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

simple question but better be sure: Revit and Revit MEP are the same software or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple question but better be sure: Revit and Revit MEP are the same software or not?

as subject says

Revit and Revit MEP are the same software or not?

MEP is a vertical product of Revit or the same software? i.e. like autocad and autocad MEP...

Its all the same its just Revit. there is no Revit MEP, Revit Architecture or Revit Structure

Comment

thanks for the clarification

Comment

Just to clarify a little more...for a few years there were different releases for arch, structure & mep. All built off the same base program but each had its own specific tools available. I dont know exactly how Revit's business/ marketing model and organisational structure has evolved but im guessing in those days it was broken out into quite distinct development teams. Then autodesk obviously saw the light and just boxed it all together again hence the moniker "one box" was floating around for a couple of years.
        As has been said, its all the same beast now with the added benefit that you can turn off tabs for disciplines you dont use.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

This of turning off tabs is new to me. There is a shortcut, hotkey or something like that in the Options?
          It was there in the R...Interface...
          uaifestival
          Last edited by uaifestival; February 13, 2018, 06:05 AM.
          If I watch...I dream, if I listen...I think, if I do ...I learn.
          blog

Comment