Linked Model Filled Region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked Model Filled Region

Is there a way to copy onto the floor plan of my MEP model Filled Regions from the linked Architectural model? I need to get it into my MEP model so I can show the construction zones and how they were phased. I am almost to the point of just drawing a model line around the zones in my model. The models have multiple different floor plans that make it difficult to figure out what floor plan the sheets were made from. It takes a lot of digging on my part but I have found the floor plans in the model I would like to copy.
    Last edited by mhoard; February 7, 2018, 01:00 PM.

If the architectural view is showing exactly what you are wanting to show on your plans you are able to use linked views.
    Within Visibility Graphics assign the Revit link to By linked view and this will use the assigned architectural view as your background without copying the information into your model.

Comment

Have both models open in the same session of Revit > Copy > Paste aligned to Current view.
      or
      Change the visibility of the hosts view's Revit Links to By Linked View/Custom to the arch view that contains the filled region.
      or
      Tab select the linked model's filled region from your model > Copy > Paste aligned to Current view.
      John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

Thank you for the reply's. I will try and do the linked views but they made so many floor plans I don't know if it will work. Copying might work better. I will give both a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Ea View Post
          If the architectural view is showing exactly what you are wanting to show on your plans you are able to use linked views.
          Within Visibility Graphics assign the Revit link to By linked view and this will use the assigned architectural view as your background without copying the information into your model.
          I was able to make a view in the Architectural model that has all the filled regions. When I am linking it in it is not showing my filled regions though. I set it to be By linked view for everything. Do you have an idea of why the filled region is not showing up? I have turned everything on in the MEP view.

Comment

Never mind I got it to work. Not really sure what was wrong but after I restarted it worked.

Comment

Ok, so I had a weird thing come up that I can't figure out. The fill regions are the same type and color and I have them on multiple floors. Only on my first floor though does the filled region not show my new duct when I print. The Demo on the first shows up correctly. Same with the other 3 floors. Any ideas what went wrong?

Attached Files

Comment

Aaah! My eyes!!
                (Your drawing style hurts me to look at but I guess thats personal taste.. )

Something visible in the view but not on the print usually means there is stuff in the way (Mass, Ceiling Floor etc)
                Did you hide something by making it 100% transparent? I find this doesnt work when printing, you have to actually hide the object.

Also I would suggest to the architect that instead of using Filled Regions to show information (An annotation that exists only in one view and is not schedulable) to use something that is actually in the model, like a zone parameter in Rooms.
                Then you could just filter and colour the linked rooms as you wish in your own views. (Linked views suck because they create so much manual work).
                Last edited by josephpeel; February 9, 2018, 08:17 AM.
                "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
                  Aaah! My eyes!!.
                  LOL I'm Still Laughing with that :laugh:!!
                  Last edited by Andres Franco; February 9, 2018, 08:56 AM.
                  Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
                  Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
                  "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
                  E.A Poe

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
                    Aaah! My eyes!!
                    (Your drawing style hurts me to look at but I guess thats personal taste.. )

Something visible in the view but not on the print usually means there is stuff in the way (Mass, Ceiling Floor etc)
                    Did you hide something by making it 100% transparent? I find this doesnt work when printing, you have to actually hide the object.

Also I would suggest to the architect that instead of using Filled Regions to show information (An annotation that exists only in one view and is not schedulable) to use something that is actually in the model, like a zone parameter in Rooms.
                    Then you could just filter and colour the linked rooms as you wish in your own views. (Linked views suck because they create so much manual work).
                    It's not my drawing style. I am a contractor using revit and I absolutely hate this model. It is very incomplete. I am just trying to pull information from this one because it is a multi year remodel that is just starting. Once it is going I probably won't do anything more with the model. I was able to make my duct work show up by making a view template off of one of the views that was showing what I needed. I still don't know what was different but it is working now.
                    Last edited by mhoard; February 9, 2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment