Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Exporting to IFC for Solibri

Hi

In Revit I have assigned different colours to ducts by material, different colours for different duct systems supply, extract etc

All looks fine in Revit but when exported to IFC for opening in Solibri none of the assigned Revit colours come through to the Solibri model.

Does anybody know how to do this or in Solibri do you have to modify all the colour maps ?

One presumes you're assigning the "materials" via MEP's system overrides? Reservations about their desirability (from an Architectural standpoint) aside...

My understanding is (Revit) Material Overrides are purely that, Revit-based - with exports (say to IFC, but also to NWC, with which I'm more familiar) "only" sending out the native geometry/material.

Whilst I don't have the answer "How" (to get the overrides to Solibri)... I do have the answer "Why" (would you do this), only because:

There really is no need to send our pre-overridden appearances.
    Those working with your files (in Navisworks/Solibri, but also back in Revit) may not want your "baked-in" overrides (I most certainly don't)
    So long as 'System' parameters are populated, then everyone's happy - because then colouring can be done by whoever for whatever purpose - simply because (other) work requirements are not exclusively "consider (and colour) <System> only"...

i.e.
    colour ALL air systems Green
    colour air systems provided by client red, and by contractor green
    colour air & pipe systems by delivery phase
    colour...

Not helpful in the slightest. Sorry.

Comment

The material colour that gets exported to IFC is the material of the duct or pipe itself, not the System.
      "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
        The material colour that gets exported to IFC is the material of the duct or pipe itself, not the System.
        Which is why I love IFC without even using it - no more "all chrome" MEP models! Well, in theory.

Comment

We only make it all chrome/stainless/polished brass because architects complain when it is all grey galvanised steel in their pretty renders :P

(Or even better Default grey/black..)
          Last edited by josephpeel; January 30, 2018, 05:15 PM.
          "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment