IFC model visibility issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFC model visibility issues

Another visibility issue that I haven´t found the solution to. The situation is that my HVAC engineer is working on a cad system and is exporting his model as an IFC file. It works well in the 3D coordination area, but when I try to use it in the plan view then this is what I see:

The IFC is showing mostly fittings and accessories and it is also showing several levels at the same time, although the view depth is set to underfloor systems only at the moment. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Karliaau View Post
    Another visibility issue that I haven´t found the solution to. The situation is that my HVAC engineer is working on a cad system and is exporting his model as an IFC file. It works well in the 3D coordination area, but when I try to use it in the plan view then this is what I see:

The IFC is showing mostly fittings and accessories and it is also showing several levels at the same time, although the view depth is set to underfloor systems only at the moment. Any ideas?
    You'll be better off having them export to AutoCAD (yes, even though their program is dwg based. They aren't the same) then load that DWG in to a generic model family and place the family.

I do it all the time with cad based MEP models from subcontractors.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment