Change Detection and Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Detection and Display

Currently trying to keep up with last minute changes in the architect's room layouts as we attempt to sleeve with minimal coring down the road. I thought maybe Revit can detect any change in a linked model (revision 1 vs 0) and display those items in red or something and hold it there til the next model update, only to repeat the process between revision 2 vs 1, etc. Any thoughts?

I also want those changes to show up on a schedule with the option to clear that change. Ie...a drop down box to switch from review to reviewed. Maybe this is the coordination review function?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Check into the Copy/Monitor Function, it works for walls, grids, columns, etc.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...402E2-htm.html
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Coordination Review works with items you can copy monitor, but its not a very efficient way of working.
      Better to check different versions of the model with Solibri or similar, which has better issue tracking and clash rule options.

Or if you want a visual way to see changes, you can save a copy of the old linked model and link it in under the new model. Make everything in the old link red (VV-> Revit links -> Custom..) and the changes will stand out where something has been moved.
      "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I really like the comparison features in Bluebeam. You can compare two pages (or sets) and have it cloud changes or overlay and get a 2-color (red & green are default) overlay showing differences.
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff collins View Post
          Check into the Copy/Monitor Function, it works for walls, grids, columns, etc.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...402E2-htm.html
          Oldie but goodie(?) when I tried it I remembered why I stopped. You can't monitor unless you copy first. Might be worthwhile for walls which are associated with plumbing fixtures. I'll keep this in mind thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
            Coordination Review works with items you can copy monitor, but its not a very efficient way of working.
            Better to check different versions of the model with Solibri or similar, which has better issue tracking and clash rule options.

Or if you want a visual way to see changes, you can save a copy of the old linked model and link it in under the new model. Make everything in the old link red (VV-> Revit links -> Custom..) and the changes will stand out where something has been moved.
            So, save a copy of the architects model under a new name and link in under a new workset? Not bad. I do want to look at everything and not just the ones I am interested so this sounds promising. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
              I really like the comparison features in Bluebeam. You can compare two pages (or sets) and have it cloud changes or overlay and get a 2-color (red & green are default) overlay showing differences.
              Absolutely love bluebeam. I've done three drawing overlays and its very useful. Four drawings bogs down my machine.

One problem is, it's still a manual action and when you print the drawing everything is grey (including stuff you specify as black). I do use column tags (shows grid intersections) so maybe I could to the overlay and then print cropped areas on letter sized in color.

Anyways thanks for replying. Still on the fence here but good discussion. Ideally would like a way to get notified in Revit.

Comment

Originally posted by koolair View Post
                Currently trying to keep up with last minute changes in the architect's room layouts as we attempt to sleeve with minimal coring down the road. I thought maybe Revit can detect any change in a linked model (revision 1 vs 0) and display those items in red or something and hold it there til the next model update, only to repeat the process between revision 2 vs 1, etc. Any thoughts?

I also want those changes to show up on a schedule with the option to clear that change. Ie...a drop down box to switch from review to reviewed. Maybe this is the coordination review function?

If they are exporting to Navisworks, it has a great way of displaying Model differences from one issue to the next.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment