Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling

Moring all,

I am relatively new to REVIT so bear with me - I need to create several different ducting systems on a floor plan, when I review the schedules all the materials are combined into a single list. I understand that there needs to be a separate schedule for Mechanical equipment and ducting, but can I create a single schedule which will group all items per system?
    I have read that it might be something to do with 'Locations' but is there another / easier way?

Thanks

You need to use different Duct System Types for the ducts that you wish to schedule separately. Then you can filter by the system type parameter or simply sort them into groups in the same schedule.

If you do want everything in one schedule you can try a Multi Category Schedule and filter for the systems you want, but these schedules are limited to only parameters that all items in them have in common. So for example you cant show Duct Width in a schedule that also contain Mech Equip..

(Personally I think this limitation is a real shame. It would be a lot more useful if ALL parameters could be used in a Multi Category schedule and just show as empty if an object doesnt have that parameter).
    "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Titon View Post
      Moring all,

I am relatively new to REVIT so bear with me - I need to create several different ducting systems on a floor plan, when I review the schedules all the materials are combined into a single list. I understand that there needs to be a separate schedule for Mechanical equipment and ducting, but can I create a single schedule which will group all items per system?
      I have read that it might be something to do with 'Locations' but is there another / easier way?

Thanks
      Are you wanting to do something like in the PDF attached?
      Attached Files
      Tannar Z. Frampton ™
      Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Hi Tannar,

What I am aiming to achieve is to have a floor of 6 apartments each with separate system, I would like to export a material list divided per apartment.

At the moment I seem to either be able to either have a list of all items (all 6 apartments combined) or filter to just detail 1 apartment.

thanks

Comment

You will have to add a parameter to filter by. Then select everything in one apartment and give the parameter a number.
          "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

thank you Joseph, I had found this link which is exactly what you are saying;

https://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/h...gory-Schedules

It does exactly what I need but does not list the insulation which is my next challenge, any advice on how to associate a shared parameter to insulation?

Comment

Manage-> Project Parameters-> Modify the (shared) parameter
              You can choose which categories include the parameter (Check the box for insulation)

Comment

Hi Joseph, I have "checked All" to be sure, the parameter appears in the schedule but does not populate. I believe it is because when I select all the items for the "System Group", the insulation is not selected, so therefore is not included in the group!

When I select the group, and filter the selection, insulation is not listed - is there a setting / tick box somewhere that would enable this to be included?

Comment