Duplicate Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Items

Im in need of some help, I have a big problem with duplicate items on my current project. I have over 4000 identical instances in the same place this was 5000 last week but I manage to delete 800 gridlines on a building with just 32!!!
    Do you know of a way to delete duplicates in bulk? You can go into the warnings and do them individually but obviously this would take far too long. The danger I see is we could end up deleting something that is tagged on a drawing. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with this many duplicates?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koO22fB1abI

I made the Dynamo per the instructions in the video and it worked rather well. There may be more efficient ways to do it, but it does work.
    Thomas N Fuller II

LinkedIn

Comment

I would do some digging to figure out why you have so many duplicate items. Someone screwed up :hide:
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

thanks TFuller ill give that a go. not got time to worry about the how yet were supposed to be creating the BOM's this week so we can commence the prefab of the Pipework

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
          I would do some digging to figure out why you have so many duplicate items. Someone screwed up :hide:
          Originally posted by Chris.kershaw View Post
          thanks TFuller ill give that a go. not got time to worry about the how yet were supposed to be creating the BOM's this week so we can commence the prefab of the Pipework
          I would find the time even if its your lunchtime. If its a workshared project, using the worksets display function you can read who created the duplicates.
          Then you can have whoever created so many duplicates to do the overtime to fix it. No better way to learn from your mistakes than to have to clean them up. Unless you dont mind these types of things happening again and again. :thumbsup:
          There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment