Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipeout Distance Setting for Ductwork?

Hi all,
    Is there a global setting to control the distance that ductwork or any elements create a "halo" kind of effect or a wipeout on the objects below it? I have posted a pic to try and help explain but I am not really sure of the terminology used. Where my ductwork crosses over walls, I would like these lines to stop at the ductwork and NOT have any kind of wipeout surrounding the duct.
    Attached Files

Manage - MEP Settings - Mechanical Settings - Hidden Line - Inside/Outside Gap

That controls MEP items' effect over other MEP items.

How are you getting a gap on non-MEP items? What discipline is your view? Is that a reflected ceiling plan?

I would suggest that your tap isn't connected to your trunk, and that would produce the gap there, but that doesn't explain the rest of the gaps.
    Last edited by TFuller; October 6, 2017, 02:38 PM.
    Thomas N Fuller II

LinkedIn

Comment

THANKS TFuller! That was the problem. I set them both to 0 and works like a charm.
      The tap shown is a revit duct fitting family I created, so its not a "true" connected tap.
      Discipline of my view is Mechanical
      The RCP is a CAD Link because it was all that was given to us at the time.

This is our first project working in Revit after 20 years of AutoCad, so we aren't quite sure how anything works at the moment.

Comment

I give - I cannot recreate this behavior. Not even with an OOTB template.

- ok - cad link.

No problem on the help.
        Last edited by TFuller; October 6, 2017, 05:17 PM.
        Thomas N Fuller II

LinkedIn

Comment

Put the CAD plan into another model and link that into the MEP model. Set the linked model to underlay in your view (VV > RVT links). That will get rid of the gaps on the CAD plan but keep them for the ductwork.
          Last edited by kubsix; October 9, 2017, 12:35 PM.
          John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment