Linking Architectural Model & Co-ordinates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Architectural Model & Co-ordinates

I am linking the architectural model into my project, the aquiring co-ordinates from the arch link.

but when i check the survery point co-ordinates in the arch model, and the co-ordinates on the survery point in my model, they are both different?

same with the project base point.

am i doing something wrong here, are they both meant to read the same?

Originally posted by nick_h View Post
    I am linking the architectural model into my project, the aquiring co-ordinates from the arch link.

but when i check the survery point co-ordinates in the arch model, and the co-ordinates on the survery point in my model, they are both different?

same with the project base point.

am i doing something wrong here, are they both meant to read the same?
    It is quite possible that these models do not have their internal origin at the same point. That is the whole point of using Shared Coordinates. To verify the logic of the relationships, you can make a small dummy project, acquire coordinates from one model, and link it in by shared coordinates in the other model. If it appears in the same spot, you're good.

project base point serves as a reference for annotation and views only.
    There must be a better way...

Ekko Nap
    Professional nitpicker, architect, revit consultant, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ekkonap View Post
      It is quite possible that these models do not have their internal origin at the same point. That is the whole point of using Shared Coordinates. To verify the logic of the relationships, you can make a small dummy project, acquire coordinates from one model, and link it in by shared coordinates in the other model. If it appears in the same spot, you're good.

project base point serves as a reference for annotation and views only.
      when you aqquire co-ordinates does that not pick up the shared co-ordinates?

Comment

Unclip the Survey Point in the Architecture model and move it to a specific grid intersection...or place line that starts at this intersection and place a Spot Coordinate annotation. Do the same thing in your model, they should match if Acquire Coordinates worked properly.

What Ekkonap wrote is likely the issue. Just looking at the Survey Point information at its default location is not the same in all templates that projects start from. The discrepancy is most likely that the Survey Points are marking slightly different locations. The steps above will place them in the same spot so you can compare results.

Comment

Matching survey point is critical for site models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shan1512 View Post
            Matching survey point is critical for site models.

I should rephrase what I said before:

I totally agree what Steve and ekkonap said before .Matching survey point becomes critical especially if you are working on site models. Some times they may come up with errors.

Comment