Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josephpeel
    replied
    Yes, I do the same. Lots of Types in one family with visibility of labels per type. It also makes it really easy to add a new label/type when needed.

Leave a comment:

• Necro99
    replied
    Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
    I would question why there needs to be a different annotation style for different systems and try to make a universal tag. Will save a lot of time and work.
    Exactly. The whole point is to have a minimal number of tag families that apply to a maximum number of objects. The pipe tag family I use has 20 different types, with 20 overlapping labels whose visibility is set to a different yes/no Type Parameter. This one family covers every use that my firm needs in a Pipe Tag, regardless of system.

To OP: If you're trying to tag your domestic cold water separately from your domestic hot water, the Label in your pipe tag family should be set up like this:

Then, in your Pipe System Type Properties, you set the System Abbreviation to be whatever you want. We use "CW" for Domestic Cold Water.

Then, your one pipe tag will read [size] [system abbreviation] for any pipe you apply it to.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TFuller
    replied
    Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
    You could temporarily filter the view to show only one system and then Tag All, selecting the right tag type in the tag all options. Repeat for all systems.
    This right here. I'm doing this for tagging different points for hangers.

I'm also using Quick Select from Avatar to help narrow down the items needing to be tagged.

Leave a comment:

• josephpeel
    replied
    You could temporarily filter the view to show only one system and then Tag All, selecting the right tag type in the tag all options. Repeat for all systems.
    Otherwise, no. I would question why there needs to be a different annotation style for different systems and try to make a universal tag. Will save a lot of time and work.

Leave a comment:

• markodz
    started a topic Tagging different systems/pipe types

Tagging different systems/pipe types

Guys,

I'm currently working on a water supply system. In the current situation I am tagging hot/cold water pipes and they are using the same pipe type but a different system. They will also have a different annotation in terms of color and text.

I have created two separate annotation families but I need to change them manually when I tag a different pipe. Is there a possibility to make this automatic? Can you assign a specific annotation family for a specific system?