Cable Tray Noise Barriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable Tray Noise Barriers

I'm new to Revit and can't find any information on handling noise barriers in cable trays. Seems like an important item to have in a cable tray design. It would also be needed for an accurate Materials List.

Could you elaborate a little on this item? Essentially, what is a cable tray noise barrier...?
    Thomas N Fuller II

LinkedIn

Comment

A barrier strip in installed in raceways and cable trays to separate high voltage cables from low voltage and signal wires so the noise doesn't interfere with the signals.

Comment

I understand clearly now. But unfortunately I don't have the answer you want.
        Thomas N Fuller II

LinkedIn

Comment

If it is IN the cable tray it wont be possible to model it easily (And why would you want to?) but you could easily add a parameter to your cable trays for Noise Barrier (Yes no tick box) or Number of Noise Barriers (Integer). Then in a schedule do Tray Length x Barriers to get the quantities.
          "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment