Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Plant Item Numbers to individual families

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project where I have to give each piece of electrical equipment a unique identifier to add to a Plant Item List. In some rooms there are several copies of the same family that all need a unique identifier (e.g. several distribution boards that all need a unique number adding to them).

Ideally the unique identifier will be able to be extracted from the model and inserted into an Excel spreadsheet. Also it would be handy if when the model is extracted to Navisworks the unique identifier appears in the properties when the item is clicked on. Does anyone know if this is possible and how to achieve this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Make a shared instance based parameter this will allow you to schedule each number individual as u require. Then when u schedule your equipment u can have the field in the schedule and export to excel.

Comment

This is usually what the "Mark" parameter is for. Is that already being used for something else? I've done equipment schedules and tags where the IDs were combinations of mark, type mark, and custom location parameters as well which can help if there are multiple instances of the same equipment in multiple locations, but definitely not necessary.

Comment

No the Mark parameter isn't being used for anything at the moment. I was considering adding the data to one parameter in the Identity Data section but I was unsure whether it would appear in the properties of Navisworks or not.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment