Demolish pipes - lose information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demolish pipes - lose information

One of my MEP guys brought this up and blew me away. If you setup your pipes to the right system type, demolish it, it then becomes an undefined system. Any good workflows for this so that they can maintain the system type information?
    Chris Heinaranta | Architectural Technologist

Yeah sucks don't it? We utilize a workset + filter hack/workaround for system elements (ducts, pipes, conduits, and cable trays). Place demo elements on a "Demolition" workset. Apply a filter to the view so that elements on that workset change color and line type in demolition views and turn off in new views.

There is a Revit Idea out there looking to address the issue. Vote early and vote often.
    John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

Vote this up, please. Definitely no bueno.
      Tannar Z. Frampton ™
      Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Thanks John for the workaround. MEP guy liked it. As much as I hate using worksets for visibility and graphic control, this seems to be the best we got for now.
        Definitely voted this up, thanks Tanner for pointing out the Revit Idea!
        Chris Heinaranta | Architectural Technologist

Comment

Demolition is a mess for MEP. I've done the workset thing as well, even though I hated doing it. The idea that we would need to have demolished systems never occurred to Autodesk, it seems. The reason is that Revit was made for architecture, with MEP being an add-on.

It would also be nice if there was a way to get pipe and duct tags to recognize the phase of what they were tagging, so it would place the desired prefix (for new, demo, or existing) before the size automatically. We have Types in our tag families with that bit of text turned on or off, but we still have to manually select it, which is a drag.

Comment