ISO views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO views

I am trying to create ISO views of my piping system for spooling and am not finding anything that is helpful in creating the views. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Like the PDF attached? Or more single line look?

Either way, just create a 3D View, and adjust the V/G accordingly to get the desired look. Have you ever approached this before? If not we can assist you if you can tell us what your expectations are in how you want it to look once complete.

-TZ
    Attached Files
    Tannar Z. Frampton ™
    Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

I am more trying to isolate a section of pipe. In the pdf it would be the section with the two pumps. I was able to get close to what I was looking for using the view section box. It still has to be isolated a little because it is showing some extra pipe that I don't know if it is possible to stop.

Originally posted by tzframpton View Post
      Like the PDF attached? Or more single line look?

Either way, just create a 3D View, and adjust the V/G accordingly to get the desired look. Have you ever approached this before? If not we can assist you if you can tell us what your expectations are in how you want it to look once complete.

-TZ

Comment

So which is it, and iso (which means isometric, therefore a three plane perspective, aka "orthographic 3D view") or a section? Sections are easy. Hiding and showing pipes as needed can be as simple has literally Hide Elements so as long as your Section extents encase all the piping you're needing.

-TZ
        Tannar Z. Frampton ™

Comment

I guess I should have worded it as an iso view of an isolated chunk of pipe. I am not wanting to have to hide elements in the view in case someone else is doing something on my project and un hides the parts. I did figure out a way that will work for me if what I'm asking is not possible.

Comment

I dunno, I'm confused lol. Glad you got it figured out.

-TZ
            Tannar Z. Frampton ™

Comment

Thank you for your help

Comment

Couldn't you create an assembly from the components you want to show? I'm fairly certain that it creates an assembly view of only the selected components.

Also, TZ do you have shadows turned on in your iso? They look pretty cool.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by evan.dodds View Post
                  Also, TZ do you have shadows turned on in your iso? They look pretty cool.
                  Thanks. And yes I do have Shadows turned on.

-TZ
                  Tannar Z. Frampton ™

Comment

An assembly would definitely work for what I'm trying to do. I didn't realize that was an option. Thank you very much.

Comment