CAD Title blocks on small jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAD Title blocks on small jobs

How do people handle CAD title blocks on small jobs when you've never worked with the interior designer or architect before? Do you usually recreate the whole title block in native revit or just (maybe) explode it and slap some labels on or just use dumb text?

I get rather tired of having to recreate all the text syles/ sizes/ fonts as labels, especially when a title block has a myriad of them.
    Last edited by evan.dodds; February 12, 2017, 07:33 AM.

Originally posted by evan.dodds View Post
    How do people handle CAD title blocks on small jobs when you've never worked with the interior designer or architect before? Do you usually recreate the whole title block in native revit or just (maybe) explode it and slap some labels on or just use dumb text?

I get rather tired of having to recreate all the text syles/ sizes/ fonts as labels, especially when a title block has a myriad of them.
    so, if I understand the question, you are doing work for others and need to use their titleblock? If so, my first thought would be to ask them for their titleblock.rfa if they are working in Revit. If they are working in CAD and you're working in Revit I'd either link their CAD titleblock and create a new one in Revit (PITA I know) or come up with a standard titleblock that your use for everyone that has a space for their name, address, etc and that's it. I would never ever explode a CAD file in my Revit project. The thought makes me lose sleep at night!!
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

I always recreate it. I get it as close as I can. Whatever they have for revision schedules, if it can't adhere to Revit's standard, it goes out the door and Revit's revision schedule formatting is used. If they have a problem with this, I fight it until I'm threatened legally.

I can recreate a TB pretty quickly though. Logos and such, I just WBLOCK them out and use it rather than use native Revit objects, just to make it easier if they're too complex.

-TZ
      Tannar Z. Frampton ™
      Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by tzframpton View Post
        I always recreate it. I get it as close as I can. Whatever they have for revision schedules, if it can't adhere to Revit's standard, it goes out the door and Revit's revision schedule formatting is used. If they have a problem with this, I fight it until I'm threatened legally.

Same here

Comment

I recreate the title block in Revit.

Comment

Originally posted by tzframpton View Post

I can recreate a TB pretty quickly though. Logos and such, I just WBLOCK them out and use it rather than use native Revit objects, just to make it easier if they're too complex.

-TZ
            as TZ always recreate, doesnt take that long and many title blocks are mostly same so the parameters match more or less, just maybe different fonts

Comment