Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P-Traps Not working in Different Templates

Good morning,

I am having an issue with P-traps working perfectly in my company's template, but one of my detailers has to use another company's template and in that template the P-trap family:

1. Tries to turn into a 90° elbow as soon as you draw a pipe off of the second connection
    2. Breaks when the pipe is sloped no matter when the slope is applied

I cannot replicate this error in my template and the P-trap works fine on both straight and sloped piping (several different p-trap families tested). Does anyone know what settings are affecting this in our client's template?

Thank you in advance!
    -RenChan

first thought what are the routing preferences in the system that he is using he might not have a P-trap in the preferences which will kick the pipe fitting back to the top of the preferences for the pipe fitting.

If that doesnt work just draw the system with out it and swap it out at the end when the system is complete i know where i work we had some issues with the traps in plumbing systems
    Last edited by Darius; January 24, 2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Usually with routing preferences the P-trap doesn't need to be in there to stay after placing. It looks like the only way to get the p-traps to work are as you said to swap it in after the lines are drawn. I think this was a change in how P-traps work in 2017 where you can't place a P-trap and draw from it anymore.
      Last edited by RenChan; January 24, 2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I'll throw out another opinion that's somewhat related... Plumbing in Revit is all about sequencing your process. For instance, I will draw a 2 foot vertical with a P-Trap already attached and a stub piece sloped from it. I then copy this all around the entire level where the sanitary drops are, usually 3" for the most widely used size. I then go back and resize accordingly. Once the majority of those are in place, it's then a matter of routing the sanitary branch piping and connecting. Procedural steps I have found work best for Plumbing. Especially when working with sloped sanitary piping and the sometimes dreaded P-Trap fitting.

-TZ
        Tannar Z. Frampton ™
        Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment