Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAVISWORKS Properties

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    NAVISWORKS Properties

    Is there any way to specify what properties Navisworks Reads from revit when exproting to NWC files. Any information I can get would be greatly appreciated. There is way too much information given in the properties on Navisworks, making it harder to find any information we need.

    Thank You:coffee:

    Mel P. Wolfe
    Mel P. Wolfe
    BIM Detailer

    #2
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want more of a condensed output of values when you select an object in Navisworks? To me, all the information doesn't bother me any since I can always find the info I need. Mostly, for Search Sets. Once you become acquainted with the Properties palette in Navisworks you can always get to the info you need pretty quickly.

    -TZ
    Tannar Z. Frampton ™
    Frampton & Associates, Inc.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by tzframpton View Post
      What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want more of a condensed output of values when you select an object in Navisworks? To me, all the information doesn't bother me any since I can always find the info I need. Mostly, for Search Sets. Once you become acquainted with the Properties palette in Navisworks you can always get to the info you need pretty quickly.

      -TZ
      We are trying to make it so that people who are fabricating the product in the field can find the information very easily.

      thanks,

      Mel P. Wolfe
      Mel P. Wolfe
      BIM Detailer

      Comment


        #4
        Look for the addin. Properties+ - it's a flyout tab that works just like the standard one, but you can tailor it to only show the parameters you always work with = v.v.handy.

        EDIT
        You can also tailor which parameters show in the Quick Properties "hover" function = again, very handy, if not the greatest menu UI to work (them up) with.
        Last edited by snowyweston; January 11, 2017, 06:06 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
          Look for the addin. Properties+ - it's a flyout tab that works just like the standard one, but you can tailor it to only show the parameters you always work with = v.v.handy.

          EDIT
          You can also tailor which parameters show in the Quick Properties "hover" function = again, very handy, if not the greatest menu UI to work (them up) with.
          VERY nice, thanks for this!

          -TZ
          Tannar Z. Frampton ™
          Frampton & Associates, Inc.

          Comment


            #6
            Damn Tannar, i thought you had it a while ago, or id have sent it to you. You can also save your settings (they are in My Documents) and copy them to other users machines, so everyone doesnt have to set up their P+ panel manually.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
              Damn Tannar, i thought you had it a while ago, or id have sent it to you. You can also save your settings (they are in My Documents) and copy them to other users machines, so everyone doesnt have to set up their P+ panel manually.
              Hey, better late than never. Good info on the settings, thanks.
              Tannar Z. Frampton ™
              Frampton & Associates, Inc.

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X