Drawing parallel pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing parallel pipes

Hi, I'm working with Revit 2013, a sub program of Building design suit and I try to draw parallel pipes in my project, but there is no possibility to set pipe horizontal or vertical offset or number of parallel pipes to be drawn when I click on parallel pipes ribbon.
    Does anyone know how I can set these parameters?

Originally posted by Kavoussi View Post
    Hi, I'm working with Revit 2013, a sub program of Building design suit and I try to draw parallel pipes in my project, but there is no possibility to set pipe horizontal or vertical offset or number of parallel pipes to be drawn when I click on parallel pipes ribbon.
    Does anyone know how I can set these parameters?
    Parallel Pipes option is not a function that can be used while you are modeling pipe, but rather a subsequent function in which you apply after one pipe has been modeled.

So, model and route a single pipe from start to finish. Then, execute the Parallel Pipes tool, set the parameters, mouse-hover over the pipe you just modeled, and cycle through the Tab key to preview the Parallel Pipes routing indicator lines. Once you're satisfied with the extents of the routing indicator, mouse-click to finish the operation.

Hope this helps!

-TZ
    Tannar Z. Frampton ™
    Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Thank you for your quick answer. I proceed in the same manner as you described in your message, but my problem is that when I click on parallel pipes tool, I can't adjust pipe offsets to draw parallel pipes with pipe spacing as intended. In fact, it's not seen any dialogue box when modified tab is opened to set pipes parameters. it seems that the program runs the pipes with a fixed spacing of 1 ft and it doesn't change!

I will be grateful if you can help me more to resolve the issue.

Comment

Personaly I dont use it. Just draw all the pipes in one short section with the correct spacing. Then copy the whole group of parallel pipes, rotate, change height if needed, trim everything.
        I find this much faster and keeps spacing consistent, especially if you have pipes at different heights etc.

Or, Offset works for a single parallel pipe. Set the offset, select your whole piping run with tab, click to place pipe and it makes the bends too.
        Last edited by josephpeel; December 15, 2016, 10:20 AM.
        "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
          Personaly I dont use it. Just draw all the pipes in one short section with the correct spacing. Then copy the whole group of parallel pipes, rotate, change height if needed, trim everything.
          I find this much faster and keeps spacing consistent, especially if you have pipes at different heights etc.
          I do the exact same thing. I agree it's a much better function.

I will profess, AutoCAD MEP's version of parallel pipes is far superior to Revit's offering.
          Tannar Z. Frampton ™
          Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Great. Thank you very much for your answer. It works much better.

Comment