Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leader line offset from object

hello,

I have this problem with customized tag for services as per attached. Somebody changed it sometime ago, but no one gives a sh... apparently apart from me in my office. They simply change tags now from attached end to free end, but I'd like to ask here if anyone got any clue how to sort it out.

Many thanks

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, and not responded to. But have you found the solution? as I have a similar issue.

Regards

Comment

Solution to what? The question at hand is lacking in details.

Comment

I was having this problem: with leader away from Mech Object - green square.
        eg: N-00-01 - I would like the leader line to touch object.

2021-01-19_155628 - away from object.jpg

after about 2 hours I realized that the reason is the Scope box, which is rotated.

2021-01-19_155628 - close to object.jpg
        No solution for the rotated scope box, but not searching for one anymore.
        Last edited by Vasile; January 19, 2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

This was the first image: 2021-01-19_155628 - away from object.jpg

Comment

That's a classic problem with Revit Tags.
            Leaders ALWAYS got from the center of the object (Left Center, Top Center, etc)
            If there's anything - even empty text or invisible lines - extending outside the visible graphics of the Tag, that's what Revit uses to calculate the "center"
            The only way to can "fix" it is to draw something an equal distance on the opposite side. And that usually screws up the "center" of the perpendicular leader attachment point.
            Head on over to the Revit Idea page and search for "leader point"
            You'll find lots of posts.
            Here's the one that's got the most up-votes
            https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit.../idi-p/7364191
            Last edited by DaveP; January 19, 2021, 04:46 PM. Reason: typo
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
              That's a classic problem with Revit Tags.
              Leaders ALWAYS got from the center of the object (Left Center, Top Center, etc)
              If there's anything - even empty text or invisible lines - extending outside the visible graphics of the Tag, that's what Revit uses to calculate the "center"
              The only way to can "fix" it is to draw something an equal distance on the opposite side. And that usually screws up the "center" of the perpendicular leader attachment point.
              Head on over to the Revit Idea page and search for "leader point"
              You'll find lots of posts.
              Here's the one that's got the most up-votes
              https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit.../idi-p/7364191
              I think they're talking about the leader at the element being tagged, not at the tag itself though I think the issue is similar regarding the extents of the element. It also, as I recall, has something to do with the internal origin of the family or the origin reference planes... don't recall which. Regardless, I wish that leaders attached themselves to elements better than they do so I wouldn't have to default to free on the arrow placement.
              Greg McDowell Jr
              about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

I know several here use the workflow, but this is why I don't like rotating scope boxes. Annotations just get icky when you need to uncrop or rotate further (for whatever reason).
                There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

I was dealing with this on a project today, and discovered there is an option next to the "Leader" check box (also in the "Properties" window) that gives you the choice of "Attached End" or "Free End" for the leader. if you select "Free End" it allows you to place the leader start anywhere near or on the element you are tagging, then you can place the tag anywhere!

This is present in 2021 & 2020, I didn't check back any farther.

My life just got just a little bit happier...now about that lottery!
                  Last edited by ABeldecos; August 26, 2021, 02:23 AM.

Comment

The option of Attached End vs Free End has been there since I started with Revit 2016 if I remember correctly!

Comment