Pipe Fitting Connections to each other/NO Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe Fitting Connections to each other/NO Pipe

Is there any way to connect two pipe fittings without using pipe?

Please see attachment. (Ah, I see the moderators have changed the attachment management. There might be a bug though cause some of the attachment manager gets cutoff in the separate window that comes up for it)
    Attached Files

Select fitting-->left click on open connector, hold in and drag to other open connector.
    This works best if there is no associated pipe with the fitting you're moving.
    "Keeping my view range hopeful"

Comment

The tee looks like its adjacent to the starter fitting but there are no "snap" connection/highlights coming up for making sure the two fittings are connected to each other. How do I know if I got them together?

Comment

Hover over something on the system and hit the TAB key. Does it highlight?

Comment

forum 1.JPG

Here's what I got with the TAB highlight connections.
          The 2 consecutive tees are not connected to the starter fitting and each other.
          No snap connections available to get the fittings together.
          Tried adjusting tee diameters to starter fitting diameter, didn't work. Then tried using reducer couplings, didn't work.

Its not necessary for this project, but I would really like to know what I'm doing wrong here so if I do need Revit to calculate something, my connections are in place regardless of whether its pipe/fitting or in this case fitting/fitting/fitting.

Comment

Are you talking about this?
            http://screencast.com/t/PtIgD1zI

Comment

forum 1.JPG
              Originally posted by Jrobker View Post
              Are you talking about this?
              http://screencast.com/t/PtIgD1zI
              Thanks Jrobker for the screencast link. Yes, thats exactly what I wanna/trying to do.
              However, I'm playing around with it in section view and can't get the highlighted connections on this jpeg.
              Blue group ---> red group ---> red group I want to link all these together. All the diameters are the same on the ends of the group so I don't know why its not linking. Maybe I should double check again but I believe Revit would add a reducer/change the diameter of pipe fitting to couple the fittings together?

Tee 2"
              Tee 2"
              Starter Fitting far left side 2 19/128" (Charlotte Pipe Manufacturer Specs - Not changeable/grayed out)

Comment

Replying on a post from way back but isn't there a more easy way to get this done. My struggle with this solution is that you first have to place a fitting that has to be placed at the exact same height and you have to be in a floorplan. I just want to right click the connector that I want to connect a new fitting into and then pick one from a list. Is there a way to show connectors in a view without selecting a fitting?

Comment

You can click a fitting, type CS (Create Similar) and choose a different fitting from the drop down. When you mouse over the fitting that already is placed, it'll suck up to it and mate them together. *should* anyways.

-TZ
                  Tannar Z. Frampton ™
                  Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

I found out that is does but its very very hard to find the other connector.

Comment