Door Schedule in MEP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Schedule in MEP?

I need to produce a door schedule that won't confuse my engineers, in other words it must have the same columns and information that the AutoCAD one used to have.
    What I need to know is:
    Is there a built-in parameter in the doors family for "swings open left to right" or "right to left" and what is the parameter name?
    Is there a built-in parameter in the doors family for which room it leads into and what is the parameter name?

I have a work-around in mind, but then I can't use the cute flip arrows for changing the swing of the door as far as I know. I'd have to make the doors static. Openinig either "Swings/slides open left to right" and Swings/slides open right to left" and include these as parameters in the family to be able to schedule them.
    The room name I'd have to also make as a 'schedulable' parameter too if no such function exists.

Ciao for now.
    Say something interesting....

Originally posted by Gabriel Black View Post
    ...Is there a built-in parameter in the doors family for "swings open left to right" or "right to left" and what is the parameter name?...
    No, or at least it´s not available without utilizing the API - But Feio made a cool add-in which does just that:
    http://revitforum.org/showthread.php/764-New-API-utility

Originally posted by Gabriel Black View Post
    ...Is there a built-in parameter in the doors family for which room it leads into and what is the parameter name?
    It´s not a visible parameter in the family, but when you create a schedule, and under "Select available fields from" select "To Room" or "From Room" you´ll get a lot of parameters to include in the schedule.

You might wanna read this thread first though:
    http://revitforum.org/showthread.php...n-door-flipped
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Thanks so much! Oddly enough, I came accross that thread before I posted this question and read through it.
      I'll try the "To Room" & "From Room" adding in thing - thank you!
      I'll also have a look at that add-in...if IT will allow it.

Thank you again for the advise!
      Say something interesting....

Comment