Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duct Insulation Probss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Duct Insulation Probss

    Good evening virtual foremen.

    I am having difficulty working with my duct insulation.

    In Revit, the Duct Insulation is taking on system properties such as "S/A".

    When I try to filter it, I create a new filter for Duct Insulation and add to filter.

    Changing overrides, this does nothing in the model.

    Same with my Navis Export.

    I am working with Appearance profiler and no matter how I try to force a style of appearance, the system color seems to override any attempt.

    Would be great to hear your pointers.

    Cheers.

    #2
    filters will not apply to navis export.
    u can try applying materials to insulation and u export to navis.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by RAJESH87 View Post
      filters will not apply to navis export.
      u can try applying materials to insulation and u export to navis.
      The duct insulation is currently carrying the system parameters of the duct. For example, my duct insulation still carries the System Type Name of "S/A", even though my Revit filter for supply air "S/A" applies only to ducts, flex, fittings, etc, NOT duct insulation (I have that box unchecked).

      Therefore, when I export my model into Navis, I expect the duct insulation to not carry the System Type Name "S/A", however, it does. That's why my appearance profiler colors the duct insulation the same as the supply duct.

      My duct insulation settings in the profiler is looking for all Item Names called "DUCT", which is what I named the typical duct insulation type in Revit.

      This does not happen with piping. Pipe insulation is completely disassociated with the pipe's System Type Name.

      Comment


        #4
        for your info, Filters in Revit wont have any impact when u convert to Navis.

        Comment


          #5
          FYI...I discovered the problem. The appearance profiler for "S/A" was painting over all objects with System Type = "S/A". It would override my separate command for Item Name = Duct Insulation.

          The problem was overcome by creating a separate appearance profiler for Element Name = Duct Insulation.

          I first ran the main mechanical profile and it colored duct and insulation blue.

          Then I open the insulation profile and run that separately and voila! Duct insulation is semi-transparent but ducts remain blue.

          I don't know why it does this. My pipe insulation command works fine in tandem with my System Types for pipes. Just not ducts.

          It's a two step solution but it's no biggie. Just a follow up in case this helps someone, or perhaps reveals a deeper problem I have.

          Cheers.

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          Working...
          X