Central file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central file

Ive got a revit file, I just want to make a local file but I cant it keeps wanting to be a central file after I open it (detach from central)

then when I save as, central file is greyed and already ticked!
    Last edited by nick_h; January 8, 2016, 09:08 AM.

u want to work as a normal file or a central file.

1. for normal file(single person working) u can use detach from central and use option detach & discard worksets.

2. if u are creating the Local file from central file, u will use create new local option and u will create a local file and which always have the link to central file.
    if these are not ur relavant answers.

then this will be the one

after opening the file click on the collaborate tab- click on worksets to create a new central file and then click save, after saving it will become a central file and then proceed with the option 2.

hope u got the answer.
    Last edited by RAJESH87; January 8, 2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJESH87 View Post
      u want to work as a normal file or a central file.

1. for normal file(single person working) u can use detach from central and use option detach & discard worksets.

2. if u are creating the Local file from central file, u will use create new local option and u will create a local file and which always have the link to central file.
      if these are not ur relavant answers.

then this will be the one

after opening the file click on the collaborate tab- click on worksets to create a new central file and then click save, after saving it will become a central file and then proceed with the option 2.

hope u got the answer.
      Cheers for that, not sure why I didnt think of this, it was because I was preserving worksets.

Comment

so which is the relevant answer for your question.
        Last edited by RAJESH87; January 8, 2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment