Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count Plumbing Fixtures for each pipe

Hi guys =)
    I have a question and I do need a help....
    Let me explain my problem with an example please:

let's say that I have:
    2 Wc's
    1 Wash Hand basin
    1 bath

All of them are connected to cold water.
    Do you think it's possible to add a parameter to the pipes and see for each pipe how many WC, Wash Hand Basin, Bath, etc... are connected to it?

For example, if I click to the pipe number 1 the parameter will say:
    connected WC= 1
    connected Wash Hand Basin= 0
    Connected Bath= 0

If I click to the pipe number 2 the parameter will say:
    connected WC= 1
    connected Wash Hand Basin= 1
    Connected Bath= 0

If I click to the pipe number 3 the parameter will say:
    connected WC= 2
    Connected Bath= 0

If I click to the pipe number 4 the parameter will say:
    connected WC= 2
    Connected Bath= 1

Thanks guysssss!!!! =)

TEST 4.JPG

Yes its possible... but takes a bit of work.

I did something similar for tap water calculations to a european standard. It required 2 different kinds of fixture unit (for auto flush type valves and for normal taps) as well as constant flow rates to be taken into account. However pipes can only be set up to add a single parameter through the network, either a Flow (eg use a Hydronic Return system) or Fixture Units.
    So how do you get multiple parameters to be counted in the single parameter that is available in the system?
    My solution was to use multiples of 1, 100 and 10000 in the same number parameter.
    So in your WC family you set a FU of 1, in your washbasin you set a FU of 100, in your bath you set a FU of 10000. Then if you have 2 WCs 3 washbasins and a bath on one system the total FU will be; 10302
    In a schedule you can split this back into individual numbers by dividing by 100 or 10000 and rounding up.

If you have more than 99 of something then you might have to use larger multiples of ten..
    Last edited by josephpeel; December 3, 2015, 03:26 PM.
    "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment