Equipment not showing in RCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment not showing in RCP

I have a HVAC Floor Plan showing vent, air terminals, ductworks etc. really i would like to use a RCP, only thing is everything is showing ok in my RCP Except the vent unit, it just wont show up, i have checked VG make sure it is switched on, i have placed this family as mechanical equipment.
    i dont understand why everything else is showing ok, except all my vent units, i have looked at view range, tried all settings, nothing works
    does anyone have any ideas?

can u put a snap shot of section & the view range of the ceiling plan. I think maybe ur cut plan may be above the equipment.

if u place the snap shot, we can check for some other problems.
    Last edited by RAJESH87; October 13, 2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

This link is the classic RFO checklist for things not appearing in views:

http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-...maybe-why.html

Kamran
      Kamran Mirza
      Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Comment

Originally posted by fifthtexas View Post
        I have a HVAC Floor Plan showing vent, air terminals, ductworks etc. really i would like to use a RCP
        I would suggest that you use the RCP for coordination only. RCPs on sheets are usually only used for ceiling mounted devices. Hidden lines will be shown on items above others. The reverse of what a floor plan would show.

Are you planning on putting this on a sheet?

Comment

Showing Ceiling Grid in Floor Plan

Hi
          i am a bit confused with revit, when doing HVAC and Lighting Plans if to use a floor plan or RCP
          I Found RCP have restrictions, so what i really want is a floor plan that i can show a ceiling grid so i can show where my air terminals, light fittings are placed. what is best method?
          only thing i have managed to do is to place my floor plan on a sheet, and then place on top the RCP on top, this seems to work
          but is this the right way to do it? i cant seem to find the answer?
          any help be much appreciated.

Comment

From what I've heard, that is the only way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RobDraw View Post
              From what I've heard, that is the only way to do it.
              Yeah, I've had to explain this to people in my office who say things like "Can't you just thaw the ceiling layer?" Sigh.

A big part of learning to use Revit is being comfortable with jumping back and forth between different views, IMO.

Comment