Duct connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duct connections

I have a 700 x 700 duct and have another duct 700 x 300 above, which i want to drop down which i would like to connect it into
    i cant seem to do it, tried different methods but keep getting error messages
    how can i do this.

What kind of error messages did you get? What methods did you try? A little more information would be helpful in giving a more precise answer.

Generally I would just make a section view, make sure my routing preferences are set to what I want. From there it would be simply connecting them. I usually rick click on the edge point, select draw duct and draw it to where I want it till.

Comment

duct connections

hi
      yes i have an ahu with 700 x 700 supply duct, above i have a 700 x 300 which i would like to drop down an connect onto it
      can i do this, or would i have to edit family, place a 700 x 300 connector on it

i seem to have done it visually but i know it is not connected properly

i get warning and duct turns orange saying angle is to great or too less

Originally posted by aykhan9 View Post
      What kind of error messages did you get? What methods did you try? A little more information would be helpful in giving a more precise answer.

Generally I would just make a section view, make sure my routing preferences are set to what I want. From there it would be simply connecting them. I usually rick click on the edge point, select draw duct and draw it to where I want it till.
      duct problem.png

Comment

So I am assuming that in the picture, the 700 x 700 duct is on the left side of the AHU unit and the 700 x 300 is coming from the right, elbow down and then connecting.

I would extend out the 700 x 700 as far as you can. Then I would drag the 700 x 300 duct down using the end. Drag it all the way to the top of the 700 x 700 duct. When you see the top of the 700 x 700 duct highlighted, you let the 700 x 300 go. It should automatically connect based on your routing preferences. Make sure the routing preferences for junction type is tap.

You could be getting the error message if your junction type is a tee. If that is the case and you want it to be a tee, then you would most likely have to drag things further out to make sure there is enough space on all sides. Connect and then tweak accordingly.

I have attached some pictures that may help. Also make sure the ducts are exactly in line when on top of each other.
        Attached Files

Comment

many thanks for showing me the solution, i understand more now, much appreciated

Comment