Printing to PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing to PDF

When I print to pdf one of my sheet views it comes out different to what is shown, for instances all my Arch' is greyish but when PDFs the walls are showing firewalls in colour and lots of detail?

anyone know what the problem is?

Cheers

Check your print settings - any of the settings I highlighted could affect it. You might also have one view on your sheet and a separate view that you are working in - double check which view you are in.
    Attached Files
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
      Check your print settings - any of the settings I highlighted could affect it. You might also have one view on your sheet and a separate view that you are working in - double check which view you are in.
      The views that im trying to print are documentation views I set up for the sheets, tried messing about with vector and raster.. not sure what it is?

Comment

A snip of what your screen shows of the sheet view vs print view can be helpful in this case...and another of the PDF view...
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
          A snip of what your screen shows of the sheet view vs print view can be helpful in this case...and another of the PDF view...
          Documnet.JPGView before printing to PDF
          Print.JPGPrint after PDF

Comment

Is your original view in wireframe perhaps? Wonder if that is why you are not seeing the color in the linked file. You will probably need to override the linked file's materials/object styles to be none since you are printing your drawings in color. Printing to black only should work fine.

And really, I don't like it when I get PDF's that the piping is in color. When I try to print them to my B&W copier the pipes are too light.
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
              Is your original view in wireframe perhaps? Wonder if that is why you are not seeing the color in the linked file. You will probably need to override the linked file's materials/object styles to be none since you are printing your drawings in color. Printing to black only should work fine.

And really, I don't like it when I get PDF's that the piping is in color. When I try to print them to my B&W copier the pipes are too light.
              It is set to hidden line in the model display

Comment

In properties, check your view template against the pdf's printing correctly. A change in the view temp can change printing, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ruellesmith
                  Have you tried checking your print settings? I used to have this problem too and after searching on the web for possible causes, I found out that my print settings were not right. The few adjustments I made fixed my printing problem.
                  Not sure what to change there is only a few settings

Comment

Are you stacking views on your sheet? If the underlay view has the color fill you will see it, especially if you are in wireframe.
                    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
                    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment