Excel table does not retain source formatting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel table does not retain source formatting

When linking an Excel panel schedule into Autocad(to eventually link into Revit), my formatting goes out the window.

Typically, for Autocad only, we just paste special as an excel spreadsheet and it works perfectly - however i can't then link this version into Revit.

I've tried everything - can anyone shed some light on how to get my Excel schedule to appear correctly?

The pictures below are of the;
    (1)the original schedule in excel.
    (2)the hideous table Autocad shows me after linking.
    (3)the dialogue that suggests that I should be bringing formatting over from Excel.
    Attached Files
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

Originally posted by Lkenshalo View Post
    When linking an Excel panel schedule into Autocad(to eventually link into Revit), my formatting goes out the window.

Typically, for Autocad only, we just paste special as an excel spreadsheet and it works perfectly - however i can't then link this version into Revit.

I've tried everything - can anyone shed some light on how to get my Excel schedule to appear correctly?

The pictures below are of the;
    (1)the original schedule in excel.
    (2)the hideous table Autocad shows me after linking.
    (3)the dialogue that suggests that I should be bringing formatting over from Excel.

i realize this doesn't really answer your question but....why not just eliminate the middle man?

Excel2R | Good Revit Extensions from T4R (Tools 4 Revit)

It pains me to see people still using this within revit btw....you miss out on some fantastic features when you don't circuit up equipment in revit
    wgfletch
    Last edited by wgfletch; October 28, 2014, 08:04 PM.
    William Fletcher
    IPD Engineering
    Linkedin

Comment

Definitely hoping for a free solution to make my $12k ABDS useful without more add-ins but I'll look into it.

Have you used it before?

Comment

Originally posted by Lkenshalo View Post
        Definitely hoping for a free solution to make my $12k ABDS useful without more add-ins but I'll look into it.

Have you used it before?

Yup

it works really well and alerts you when they need to be updated and allows you to path line weights and text types to ones you have setup in your project to help keep things consistent
        William Fletcher
        IPD Engineering
        Linkedin

Comment

Have you done paste special - autocad entities?

Comment

Originally posted by Versiamo01 View Post
            Have you done paste special - autocad entities?
            Thanks for the tip - still not exactly what I'm looking for but significantly less hideous.

Comment