Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Review for Revit?

Hello again people,

One of our engineers would like to peruse the Revit model. I've had a look at our Autodesk Design Review and it does not open Revit.
    Is there a viewer similar to Autodesk's Design Review for rvt files?

I don't seem to get any hits on Google either.

Ciao for now.
    Say something interesting....

You can install Revit in "viewer mode"--for just such purposes.
    Installing ?Free? Revit Viewer on a non Revit user system | A Word on BIM

Design Review uses the .dwfx format--the workflow is to create .dwfx files from Revit, then open and review/markup in Design Review.
    There is a "round trip" function which allows markups in .dwfx format to be imported into Revit, changes made, and then "yellowed-out" (sim. to traditional hand markups). However, as great an idea as this sounds, I have not seen it used successfully in a large project with complex linked models, and several teams in collaboration. That said--perhaps it could be used by a very focused/technically adept team, or on a small/simple job.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Black View Post
      Hello again people,

One of our engineers would like to peruse the Revit model. I've had a look at our Autodesk Design Review and it does not open Revit.
      Is there a viewer similar to Autodesk's Design Review for rvt files?

I don't seem to get any hits on Google either.

Ciao for now.
      Revit comes with a "Viewer Mode", but that means the engineer will have to have Revit installed on thier machine. Other options are printing a 3d pdf (Bluebeam does this natively, or there are some add-ins for Revit) or exporting to dwf.
      Revit_viewer.png

Comment

Good morning!

I'll give the engineer the options (and links) and see what he decides on.
        Hopefully it'll be the Revit Viewer. Don't want to be spending my time exporting to dwf.

Thank you for the help guys!
        Say something interesting....

Comment

create a 3d view within revit, then export that to 3d dwf, then your engineer can review using design review.

Comment