Filters in multiple views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filters in multiple views

Anyone know how to make my filters from my plan view work in a 3D view or section view.

I'm talking about colours, lines, patterns etc that I have set up in my plans for cable trays. Do I have to set them up in each view or can they just be transferred from one view to another.

Thanks

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

You need to set them up in a view template, then apply or link that view template to the 3d view.

If it already had a VT on it, uncheck the filters so they Are no longer included in the VT. Then right click the 3d view in the browser > apply vT properties, apply the plan vt. It will put the filters on the view. Then go back in to the VT and add them in.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

If I am not mistaken you can make a view template and apply it to which ever view you would like to.

Go to the plan that has all filters that you want. Click on the view tab and there should be a button for "View Templates". Once you click on the drop down option it should say "Create Template from Current View".

Now you can go to whatever plans don't have the filters. In the properties panel click on View Template and just choose the one you created.

In section views it shows the built templates for sections. When you click on the "View Templates" options in the properties panel there should be a drop down option of "View type filter:". Click on it and select all or just floor plans. This should work. If anything was not explained let me know I can try to elaborate.
      Last edited by aykhan9; May 19, 2014, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
        Then go back in to the VT and add them in.
        The last step is removing the overrides for me. Any one else able to get this to work? Using 2018.3

Comment

After you have added the filters to the view, with filter unchecked in the template, do Create New Template from View and overwrite the old one.
          "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
            After you have added the filters to the view, with filter unchecked in the template, do Create New Template from View and overwrite the old one.

Thanks for the suggestion. Was trying to take filter overrides from one template to another template. Ended up recreating them in the destination template.

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
              Didn't work for me...also using 2018.3. When I add the filters, my current view only show those filters from the 2nd view template, whatever view filters from earlier template got cleared up.

Comment