Family indicating different - Ceiling Plan/Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family indicating different - Ceiling Plan/Plan

I have loaded a light fitting family into my project. It is a standard ootb Revit fitting and its causing me a problem.

I've created a reflected ceiling plan which I am using as to create my legend on and I have a floor plan which I am using to create my lighting plan.

The problem is the symbol is showing different on the floor plan to the reflected ceiling plan. Now as I'm using my ceiling plan as a legend the symbols need to show the same.

I've attached an image below showing the differences on each but I can't figure out why they are different. 1 is showing as a circle and 1 is showing as a circle with a smaller circle inside.

Anyone any ideas? Light Fitting.jpg

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

Looks to me like there's some geometry hiding things here. Open up your light fixture family and check it in a floor plan and a ceiling plan view. If those inner circles are in fact actual extrusions/revolves, you can click on them and uncheck Floor plans/RCP in the visibility settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronb View Post
      Looks to me like there's some geometry hiding things here. Open up your light fixture family and check it in a floor plan and a ceiling plan view. If those inner circles are in fact actual extrusions/revolves, you can click on them and uncheck Floor plans/RCP in the visibility settings.
      Aaron,

You are right they are revolves. Rather than hiding them on the floor plan, is there a way to get them to show on a ceiling plan.

I've opened the family editor and clicked ceiling plan but nothing shows in this view (well other than the connector element). It shows on a plan view in the family but nothing on ceiling view.
      Revit2.png

Domsib

Comment

Aaron I worked it out. Turns out the light fitting on the ceiling plan was upside down and showing the bottom side and not the top. A quick flip workplane and it now looks the same on both.

Thanks for your help.

Domsib

Comment