Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bottom elevation tag for pipe

hi,

I want to tag bottom elevation of Pipe ,but I am not find out bottom elevation parameter in Pipe tags family categories & parameters(which is present in Duct tag categories).
    The invert elevation tag parameter tags the elevation in relation to level 0 and currently I am working in -10 meter level.
    spot elevation also tag the pipe with relation to level 0.
    start offset & end offset parameter tags the center elevation of pipe.

Is there any option in Revit MEP 2011 to place bottom of pipe elevation tag in any level?
    Any input would help.
    Thank you

Regards

Swapnil

This is something you cannot do OOTB in relation to sea level datum.
    "Keeping my view range hopeful"

Comment

I am currently designing a manhole family in Revit 2014 and I would like to include a report parameter for the invert level.
      I have used a rectangular extrusion to represent the pipe section that runs through the manhole so I am able to lock reference place to the bottom of it. I have attempted to add an aligned dimension between this reference plane and reference level 0 in the family editor but when imported into a project it doesn't give the distance from the project's reference level 0 (which would give the true invert level if an elevation of 0 equals sea level).
      Is this possible to achieve? And if so, how?

Comment

We set all our pipes to the 0'-0" datum in the project so that our inverts report correctly. Create a new plan view that uses that level and run the cut plane up to the proper elevation(s) and work that way.

We have issues when we run pipes bottom justified bur they don't report bottom elevation, only centerline.

Comment

All you have to do is hit the spot elevation tag under annotation.

tag the middle of the pipe, and drop the tag nearby.

You click the tag and in the properties browser, you see a field called "Relative Base".

Set that to "Current Level"

Set the "Display Elevation" to show "Bottom Elevation".

Done and doner. HTH

Comment

You could also just set the bottom elevation as the default when you're placing the invert annotations.

Originally posted by davidmcarthur View Post
            I am currently designing a manhole family in Revit 2014 and I would like to include a report parameter for the invert level.
            I have used a rectangular extrusion to represent the pipe section that runs through the manhole so I am able to lock reference place to the bottom of it. I have attempted to add an aligned dimension between this reference plane and reference level 0 in the family editor but when imported into a project it doesn't give the distance from the project's reference level 0 (which would give the true invert level if an elevation of 0 equals sea level).
            Is this possible to achieve? And if so, how?
            The dimensions inside a family will only report to inside the family, unless of course you have an instance parameter that you're filling out from within the project. You can't have the offset level or relative level from the project automatically populate it's value inside Revit, in fact you can't even schedule this kind of information, you need to have an intermediate step like BIM Link or similar to populate your data, or populate it manually.

If you're just trying to annotate the invert level, you can annotate the level of any face. If this is the case you don't need a parameter to report back into the model. If you control the base of the manhole with a parameter, you can just tag that face. Simply leave the top of the manhole open so when you're tagging you're actually tagging the base of the manhole. When you're tagging just make sure you have wireframe turned on otherwise if the base of your manhole is beneath a floor or topography or similar you'll end up tagging that instead.

Comment