Crop Views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Views?

I'd like to show only one portion of a plan on a worksheet. Only a few offices on one side of the building is being handled by our offices. I have the entire building in Revit but only want to show our portion on the worksheet. How can I do this?
    Say something interesting....

You can activate the crop region's visibility, in the bar on the bottom to the left of the sunglasses. Then you can select the window that will show up and adjust the boundary to where you need it
    Hope this helps
    Juan Carlos Moreno
    Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
    Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

I'll give it a try - thanks!
      Last edited by Gabriel Black; April 15, 2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Got it...
        Activate View in sheet and adjust the bugger like that, me thinks...

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Black View Post
          Got it...
          Activate View in sheet and adjust the bugger like that, me thinks...
          Gabriel, crop region works in any view you are working in not just when placed on sheets.
          Try it in your plan view, crop it to where you want, then turn the crop box on of off, you'll get the hang of it.
          Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Darn, this is going to take some getting used to! Thanks!

Comment

Design Options

Guys do you know how the Design options works? Trying to put in 2 different options to show a client for the space, but cant seem to get it to work, I need 2 different views for the same room, can you help?

Comment

My advice would be dont crop views manually unless they are a one-off detail. Use Scope Boxes.

Then your 'cropped' view set to the correct scope box will be consistent on all views for all levels.
                Also you can snap to the corners of scope boxes when placing views on sheets, so you can position them all exactly the same on your sheets too.

(The next step after that is use the name of the assigned scope box to automatically name your views...)
                "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I use to make a dependant view of the main plan view then crop it down. but it was taking an ages to do for quite a few sheets.

scope boxes save a bunch of time, at the start of the project I create a bunch of scope boxes round particular areas of need and crop. works a treat

Comment