• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all!

Hello everybody
    Well, I've produced my first Revit work for an actual job!:laugh:
    Wow - what a head bender.
    A few quick questions which will hopefully have quick answers...
    1. How in a section view can I make the ceiling visable from linked Revit architecture.
    2. Is it possible to dimension things in section and how?

Ciao for now.
    Say something interesting....

1. Use the Visibility Graphics. If the Linked File is set to "By Host View" then turn on the Ceilings in the Model, or turn the Ceilings on in the Linked File Properties when it's set to be controlled by the Linked File
    2. Yes you can, simply use the Dimension Tools. They should all work. If they give you problems the most likely cause is that your Section isn't perfectly perpendicular to the items you want to dimension. In that case you're in a world of hurt and are probably best of by recreating the section to a perpendicular path.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

mdradvies, thank you!
      I'll have a look at the visibility settings. Before plotting, I had a look but was in a bit of a rush so probably missed something...
      I'm assuming I'm in a world of hurt then. The dimension - Alligned - attaches to the floor of the linked revit file, but not to my ducting which should parallel to the floor and perpendicular to the section. I'll go over everything and make sure it all lines up before I panic.
      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Black View Post
        mdradvies, thank you!
        I'll have a look at the visibility settings. Before plotting, I had a look but was in a bit of a rush so probably missed something...
        I'm assuming I'm in a world of hurt then. The dimension - Alligned - attaches to the floor of the linked revit file, but not to my ducting which should parallel to the floor and perpendicular to the section. I'll go over everything and make sure it all lines up before I panic.
        Thank you!
        you can hover over the corner of most things without clicking your dimension leader and keep <tab>ing until the corner highlights in a small dot, but this doesn't fix misaligned items.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

What can I say? I'm an idiot in a hurry so things go wrong...
          The section was on the left, the ceiling on the right and there was a wall inbetween the two. Move section over and suddenly: Voila! Ceiling!
          I can also now miraculously dimension to things...

Comment