How Do I Create Existing and Demo Floor Plans From Linked Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Create Existing and Demo Floor Plans From Linked Model

I linked the Architects model into a new project and we are renovating an existing building so I want the existing floorplan and new floorplan. When I copy/monitored the levels into the project, it only shows the new floorplan. How do I get the existing floorplan showing the existing and demo'd walls? I tried to change the phase but it still doesn't show the demo'd walls.

Thanks,

I have had this problem also with a linked file from an Architect. Change the Phase Filter to Show Previous + Demo and Phase to New Construction. If you do not see the Existing and Demo walls then the Architect you are working with will need to phase the objects correctly.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DMapes View Post
      I have had this problem also with a linked file from an Architect. Change the Phase Filter to Show Previous + Demo and Phase to New Construction. If you do not see the Existing and Demo walls then the Architect you are working with will need to phase the objects correctly.
      I will add that you will need to have separate views for those, one for removal and one for new, unless you set the phase filter to "show all". The "new" view should be set to "previous + new".
      Jason Peckovitch
      Father | Photographer | Car/Tech Guy
      Revit MEP 2015 Certified Professional
      That BIM Guy Blog | Google+

Comment

Make sure your phases are mapped correctly as well. If you are using the OOTB phases and they have custom phases they can come in screwy.
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment