Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connectors Visibility associated with logical parameter YES/NO

Hi All,
    it's my first post here, so I'd like to say hello to everyone.

I have a problem assiociated with revit family creation. I made a water heater family. with round connectors located on top or bottom of the equipment.

There are extrusions on the top and bottom of the equipment with associated round connectors.

waterHeater - connectors.jpg

Visiblity of the extrusions depends on yes/no parameters - Oversink and Undersink:
    waterHeater - extrusions (under-oversink).jpg

I don't know to 'merge' connectors with type of family. There are all of the connectors able to draw pipe, while top ones should be disabled when type "Oversink" is chosen (like in the picture below):

waterHeater - select.jpg

There are no Visibility Category in Connector Element proporties,

Hi and welcome
    tignatowicz
    tignatowicz

You will have to create a separate family for each set of connectors. There is a solution to placing connectors on pivot geometry, but it will be more difficult to do.

Comment

Hi, as Nurlan already mentioned, Revit has this limitation. Unfortunately connectors are "unhidable".

I just hide the geometry where the connector is located (like pipe extrusion). And when i see connectro floating in the air, i know this one is not available for this type off family.

To help clear confusion for other modellers, you can also put an indicator to the connector description. Saying for example: "Only for TYPE 1 and 3"
      Example:
      2022-01-18_14h38_08.png
      Attached Files
      Ryan Razer
      Last edited by Ryan Razer; January 18, 2022, 01:38 PM.
      MEP CAD / BIM technician - @MatevzPetric, LinkedIN
      Trying to learn something new every day

Comment

Hi,
        Thank you
        Ryan Razer
        Ryan Razer and
        Nurlan
        Nurlan for your answers and tips.

Comment

widgetinstance 211 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X