Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spigot - flexible duct to connect into a rigid rectangular duct

Hi guys,

I've been stuck for a long while on how to create this part. Essentially its a spigot which connects into the rigid duct for a flexible duct to connect onto; so a duct fitting; i've tried creating a tap- perpedicular or adjustable, still doesnt work. Even after I've load it into the project and try to get revit to auto route it, but no dice. I would really really really appreciate any advice. I've attached the family.
    Attached Files

Did you create this from scratch? Sometimes the best way to approach MEP Families not working is to start with the ones that come with Revit. Copy the most basic Tap Family and rename it. Open it up, and strip the things you don't need while adding the things you do, and see if it has better results.

-TZ
    Tannar Z. Frampton ™
    Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment

Thank you so much TZ; yes I did create it from scratch. Best advice. I found it works now. (and your answer solved another issue I was having - creating another custom fitting, but it only worked when I opened a fitting already made by revit, deleted all of it and created my custom part from there - even though everything was the same, some how making a custom part from new family -> Metric Generic Model -> and setting the family type does not work/is not reliable)

I will always use your way now - create it from scratch - but not from the blank metric generic model - will open a already made family part from revit and delete it all and make it from scratch from there. Thanks again TZ!
      wongk2
      Last edited by wongk2; September 4, 2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Excellent glad it worked.
        Tannar Z. Frampton ™
        Frampton & Associates, Inc.

Comment