Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking RECTANGULAR DUCT ELBOW - Radius...But VERTICAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking RECTANGULAR DUCT ELBOW - Radius...But VERTICAL?

Gang,

I am a Revit Architecture 2013 user trying to drop in some basic ductwork.
    Of course my suite does not have any duct families. What I have been able to glean from Autodesk has gotten me this far - but I seem to be missing a VERTICAL rectangle duct leg (with a radius.)

Similar to: "Rectangular Elbow - Radius," or "Rectangular Elbow Eccentric Radius - DTL," or "Rectangular Sharp Throat Radius Heel Elbow - DTL," etc.

Capture99.JPG

Metric would be great...but not necessary.

Thanks very much!
    -STU

on autodesk seek - it is called retangular transition - length

Comment

All duct fittings that are made for use with revit mep will be horizontal, because that is how they need to be made to work with the duct routing functions.
      So it is highly unlikely that you will find what you are looking for...
      I suggest you open an existing duct fitting and model what you want in the family.
      "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Unless I am missing something having to do with working in Architecture, duct fittings work vertically as well as they do horizontally. Normally, I let Revit do the fittings unless something special is needed.

Comment

I agree with @josephpeel. I think you would open an existing duct fitting and after that evaluation your work.
          Galleoncy is specialized marketing and distributing busduct for medium voltage and also kubikel 20kV.

Comment